Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ethan's lesson

Ethan’s poems were definitely hard-hitting. I felt a connection to both poems, but the second one spoke to me more. As far as a time when I have felt fear or different when in a group was when I came to University freshmen year. Coming from a small, farm community I had not been introduced to so many different types of people. Its not that I had never traveled outside of Boone county, but I never was placed in an environment so different where I had to interact. At first I thought that I would need to change my appearance or self to fit in, but I learned quickly that being myself was best. I am still different from most of my class, but I have gained many friends over the years. As I head to college I am glad to have came here and know that it will be easy to interact and make friends there. These two poems want you to be great and proud of who you are. You must excel at what you know best and stay true to your origin. There is a plan for all of us, and I can’t wait to start the next chapter in my life.

No comments: