Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wolfson #2

Wolfson’s decision to make a clear definition of what marriage is to him is a good way to begin his article. The reason for doing this is to state up front his position on what marriage actually entails so that he can base his argument from the definition. His definition states that marriage is a “relationship of love and dedication to another person”. This definition does not mention the sexes, race, or beliefs of each person. I believe his definition is fair and simple, but in my opinion he leaves an important part. I do believe marriage is between a man and a woman. However, I am not saying that against two people having feelings for each other. This is just my personal opinion and according my beliefs. Nothing says that I am more correct than the other, but this is my belief. So, I feel that Wolfson was a bit vague with his definition.

No comments: