Monday, March 31, 2008

Pecos Bill: Toughest Cowboy to ever Live

When I was young I was told the stories about Davey Crockett, Paul Bunyan and his blue ox, Babe, and John Henry. However, the one guy I remember the most was Pecos Bill. He was toughest and meanest cowboy to ever live. From an early age he had “super-human” powers. The story I can recall the best is the one where he road a tornado from Kansas to Texas to California. This wasn’t any ordinary tornado that he rode either. It was the meanest and fiercest tornado ever. Pecos Bill could ride any horse and tornados as well. The stories of Pecos Bill made me want to be the toughest guy around. It taught me that men were supposed to be rough and tough when they grew up and have a great understanding about nature. It taught me to not be afraid of anything.

http://www.americanfolklore.net/folktales/ks2.html

No comments: