Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Class in America-2003

I think the essay on “Class in America—2003” exposed the class situations in America to everyone. However, I don’t believe the essay makes a case that the rich are exploiting the poor. Also, I don’t think that the essay really talks about how the rich exploit the poor. The essay to me takes off the blindfold expose that there are social classes and they are very different. Poverty exists just like the rich exist. Society, however, forgets about the poor and ignores that they exist, because if you do not deal with it on a day-to-day basis then it doesn’t affect your life. The relationship between the three social classes is becoming increasingly distant. According to the essay, the class that controls and owns the major enterprises is the one who decides how well the other two classes will succeed. I personally still believe that no matter what class you are, you still can obtain your dream. Hard work will accomplish anything and I know this from experience.

No comments: