Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Against School

Mr. Gatto has some great points on the school system that we have today. His position is quite clear. He feels that the education is good and necessary, but the school in general has a bad affect on the children. School does mature us. It allows for us to grow up, but we turn out to be old “children”. I agree that we don’t need school to tell us how we should think or how we should live our lives. I think that schools need to teach us the necessities we need to achieve the profession we choose. I know that my work ethic, attitude, and way of life were taught to me by my parents. Schools did not teach me any of those. The “un-educational” aspects of school don’t have any real baring on my life, because I know who I am and the school can’t really change that.

No comments: