Monday, February 4, 2008

Target layout.

Stores do use many tactics to keep people in the store as long as possible and to coerce them to not leave without buying something. I have noticed this in many places. The store I go to a lot would be Target. Like most stores the temperature is just right and usually no matter the weather, you want to stay in the store because its better than outside. The main persuasion in the environment is the customer service and all of the deals. Saving the all mighty dollar is the bottom line, and if you need assistance you don’t want to wait. Another big deal is the layout. Target for example keeps everything that is related together in sections. This makes things easy to find and builds on the customer service part. They also know that electronics are the hot items of today. That is why they are in the front of the store right as you walk in. Stores aren’t stupid. They will do what it takes to make sure you buy something while you are there.

1 comment:

Elise Carter said...

I agree with you on this topic Nick, may I just say that Target rocks, and it is pretty much a designer in itself. Target is very warm and inviting, and I love how the weather can be cold and dreary, and then when you enter Target it is warm and inviting. Unlike their competitors, they actually put their products together, I have gone into Wal- Mart and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. I also did not get that great of customer service. I really like Target.